Food Facts
weightloss
2004-08-03 01:11:49 UTC
FACTS

1. Japanese eat very little fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than
the Aussies, British or Americans.

2. Mexicans eat a lot of fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than
the Aussies, British or Americans.

3. Africans drink very little red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks
than the Aussies, British or Americans.

4. Italians drink large amounts of red wine and suffer fewer heart
attacks than the Aussies, British or Americans.

5. Germans drink a lot of beer and eat lots of sausages and fats
and suffer fewer heart attacks than the Aussies, British or Americans.

CONCLUSION

Eat and drink what you like. Speaking English is apparently
what kills you.

--
Transform your dialup to faster than Broadband for Free!
http://www.juiceboosted.com/index.php?RequestId=2&Id=lv8tk
Fleur de Lys
2004-08-03 03:08:11 UTC
I agree !!!!!!!!!!!!! I shall revert to French now..
Merci beaucoup ! ;op
--
Will~

The problem with this world is stupidity, now I'm not saying there should
be capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the
safety labels off everything and let the problem solve itself?
marengo
2004-08-03 03:24:05 UTC
weightloss wrote:
| FACTS
|
| 1. Japanese eat very little fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than
| the Aussies, British or Americans.
|
| 2. Mexicans eat a lot of fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than
| the Aussies, British or Americans.
|
| 3. Africans drink very little red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks
| than the Aussies, British or Americans.
|
| 4. Italians drink large amounts of red wine and suffer fewer heart
| attacks than the Aussies, British or Americans.
|
| 5. Germans drink a lot of beer and eat lots of sausages and fats
| and suffer fewer heart attacks than the Aussies, British or Americans.
|
| CONCLUSION
|
| Eat and drink what you like. Speaking English is apparently
| what kills you.

cute :-P
--
Peter
270/215/180
http://users.thelink.net/marengo/weightlosspix/weightlosspix.html
Ray Audette
2004-08-03 06:04:32 UTC
Post by weightloss
FACTS
1. Japanese Sumos eat very little fat and exercise and have the
highest heart attack rate in the world.
2. Hindus eat no animal fat and have 15 times the risk of early heart
attack than Americans.
3. African Tutsis traditionally eat the highest fat diet known to man
( no vegetables, 65% animal fat) and have the average lowest
cholesterol and heart disease rate of all people known .
4. There has never been a case of heart disease in a hunter-gatherer
eating a traditional diet.

5. Hamburgers ( hold the bun please) are the least profitable item at
McDonalds.
Post by weightloss
CONCLUSION
Eat and drink what you like. Your doctor only makes money when you're
sick!

Ray Audette
Author "NeanderThin"
www.NeanderThin.com
The Voice of Reason
2004-08-04 21:13:08 UTC
Post by Ray Audette
2. Hindus eat no animal fat and have 15 times the risk of early heart
attack than Americans.
15 times? Why's that? Do you have a source for this?
Post by Ray Audette
3. African Tutsis traditionally eat the highest fat diet known to man
( no vegetables, 65% animal fat) and have the average lowest
cholesterol and heart disease rate of all people known .
How many of them are regularly tested for cholesterol and heart
disease?
Post by Ray Audette
4. There has never been a case of heart disease in a hunter-gatherer
eating a traditional diet.
Perhaps because they all die before they're 20?
Post by Ray Audette
5. Hamburgers ( hold the bun please) are the least profitable item at
McDonalds.
How is that, when they are so expensive and yet made from recycled
cardboard and grit?
Ray Audette
2004-08-06 03:01:56 UTC
Post by Ray Audette
2. Hindus eat no animal fat and have 15 times the risk of early heart
attack than Americans.
Special Features of CAD among Indians
 Commonly manifests at earlier age, usually a decade earlier
(around 45-50 years); 3-25 per cent are less than 40 years of age.
 Indians in 30-39 years have 10 times greater risk of AMI than
Caucasians of same age.
 Age standardised mortality ratio (SMR) for CAD is 313 higher
in the age group of 20-29 years compares to Whites.
 Indians with CAD has more extensive triple vessel disease (54
per cent against 21 per cent) than western world; commonly manifests
with AMI without prior Angina. Analysis of Coronary risk factors often
fails to explain marked differences in CAD rates among different
ethnic groups.
 In spite of their wining and dining habits, France has the
lowest rate of CAD
 In America and African countries, the incidence of CAD is
lower despite high prevalence of obesity, diabetes mellitus and
hypertension, elevated Lp(a) and low socio-economic status in African
countries. On the contrary, the prevalence of CAD in India is higher
despite lower prevalence of smoking (3 per cent against 27 per cent),
hypertension (14 per cent against 19 per cent), elevated cholesterol
(. 240 mg/dl) (17 per cent against 23 per cent) and obesity (31 per
cent against 3 per cent) and higher prevalence of spiritual faith and
vegetarianism. As per Framingham's Study, 30-35 per cent Indians with
CAD lack traditional risk factors except for Diabetes Mellitus (8 per
cent against 1 per cent in the West).

Dr (Prof) A K Maity, the author is senior consultant cardiologist,
former director of Institute of Post-Graduate Medicine Education and
Research and former professor and head-department of cardiology, SSKM
Hospital-Kolkata

Ray Audette
Author "NeanderThin"
www.NeanderThin.com
Ray Audette
2004-08-06 03:08:50 UTC
Post by The Voice of Reason
Post by Ray Audette
3. African Tutsis traditionally eat the highest fat diet known to man
( no vegetables, 65% animal fat) and have the average lowest
cholesterol and heart disease rate of all people known .
How many of them are regularly tested for cholesterol and heart
disease?
Shaper, A. G. et al,
"Cardiovascular studies in the Samburu tribe of Northern Kenya."
American Heart Journal Vol. 63 No. 4 (April 1962) 437-442.

At least these few thousand were.

Ray Audette
Author "NeanderThin"
www.NeanderThin.com
Ray Audette
2004-08-06 03:34:52 UTC
Post by The Voice of Reason
Post by Ray Audette
4. There has never been a case of heart disease in a hunter-gatherer
eating a traditional diet.
Perhaps because they all die before they're 20?
Mark Cohen and G. J. Armelagos,
Paleopathology at the Origins of Agriculture.
New York: Academic Press, 1984.

Civilized humans only exceeded the life expectancy of Paleolithic
hunter-gatherers people in the 20th century. When people began eating
technology dependent foods they lost 40% of lifespan. Cohen is a
professor of anthropology at NYSU.

Stefansson, Vilhjalmur,
Cancer: Disease of Civilization.
New York: Hill and Wang, 1960.
Documents the unsuccessful 100 year search for cancer
and heart disease among hunter-gatherers. By the famed arctic
anthropologist who was the last (white) man to discover new lands in
the Americas.

I'll leave the McDonalds slander for their attorneys to handle.

Ray Audette
Author "NeanderThin"
www.NeanderThin.com
Sister
2004-08-16 17:10:06 UTC
About the hunter-gatherers "all dying before the age of 20". I think
there's a common misperception about longevity tables. (Well,
hunter-gatherers DON'T all die before the age of 20, either!) When
hunter-gatherers decide to settle down and raise livestock and crops, I
believe their mortality rates do worsen. Because they create unsanitary
conditions with respect to water in particular, so there's a lot of
dysentery and other water-borne diseases. So a lot of the babies die,
especially. But anyone of them who lives to be ten has just as good a
chance as you or I of living to be 80.

Do the math. Of 100 people, if 50 die before the age of one, and 50
live to be 80, it sounds like their 40 year olds would be elderly. Most
COLLEGE teachers, even, buy this fallacy, so it's no reflection on you.

Hunter-gatherers, in a temperate zone of the globe, who keep on moving
and don't raise livestock, probably are the healthiest people on the
planet. Too bad we're too crowded nowadays to support that lifestyle,
imo.

(Still lurking!)
Ray Audette
2004-08-06 04:26:53 UTC
Where are all the thin people from LOW FAT DIETS that have been
postulated for the last 40 years?
Roach, Mary,
"Advice from the World's Biggest Weight Experts: Their Gain Can Be
Your Loss."
Health (March/April 1993) 62-72.
Describes the traditional, low-fat diet of Japanese sumo wrestlers.

Centuries old traditions of diet and exercise have shown the results.
Have you ever seen Dean Ornish in a thong?

Ever seen a picture of John Harvey Kellogg, inventor of the low fat
diet and exercise program your doctor recommends. His foundation is
worth in excess of $12 billion - earned by selling high carbohydrate
breakfast foods (i.e. corn flakes) to children. He was also the first
to show that if one fed corn kibble to wolves instead of meat they
became autistic. Dog food manufacturers and pediatric neurologists
have been forever grateful for the profits he generated.

Ray Audette
Author "NeanderThin"
www.NeanderThin.com
jk
2004-08-06 07:16:38 UTC
Post by Ray Audette
[...]
Your comments would go further, if you didn't ue them as an ad for your
book. Spam is spam.
--
JK Sinrod
Sinrod Stained Glass Studios
www.sinrodstudios.com/coneymemories
Ignoramus22665
2004-08-06 13:09:02 UTC
Post by jk
Post by Ray Audette
[...]
Use of commercial signatures in pertinent posts is acceptable...

Ray Audette
2004-08-06 16:31:06 UTC
Post by jk
Post by Ray Audette
Ray Audette
Author "NeanderThin"
www.NeanderThin.com
Your comments would go further, if you didn't ue them as an ad for your
book. Spam is spam.
So I guess the stained glass you make is free. Do you pay shipping
costs too?
At least I'm not an overweight diet book author like the other guy
from Dallas who wrote "fit for life" and sells exercise equipment on
late-night infomercials.

Ray Audette
Author "NeanderThin"
www.NeanderThin.com
jk
2004-08-06 22:23:23 UTC
Post by Ray Audette
Post by jk
Post by Ray Audette
Ray Audette
Author "NeanderThin"
www.NeanderThin.com
Your comments would go further, if you didn't ue them as an ad for your
book. Spam is spam.
So I guess the stained glass you make is free. Do you pay shipping
costs too?
At least I'm not an overweight diet book author like the other guy
from Dallas who wrote "fit for life" and sells exercise equipment on
late-night infomercials.
Ray Audette
Author "NeanderThin"
Big difference. This is not a related NG to what I do. I don't really
sell on my website, but only show my work. You comments added to your book,
make your motives suspect. I was only giving you my opinion.
--
JK Sinrod
Sister
2004-08-16 17:22:25 UTC
You know what? I usually hate an argumentative NG, and even a small
flame sets me off to someplace else. But I'm having a rather "crisp"
day myself, and I'm getting a nice lift from this "could be kinder,
gentler" exchange.

But still just lurking.

Carmen
2004-08-06 16:42:48 UTC
Post by jk
Post by Ray Audette
Ray Audette
Author "NeanderThin"
www.NeanderThin.com
Your comments would go further, if you didn't ue them as an ad
for your book. Spam is spam.
--
JK Sinrod
Sinrod Stained Glass Studios
www.sinrodstudios.com
Uh, yeah. My eyesight must be going 'cause I'd swear that was a
commercial website with your name on it in *your* sig file.
What's up with that?
At least Ray's book is relevant to ASDLC. Stained glass, while often
lovely, isn't.

Carmen
Murphia
2004-08-06 16:49:18 UTC
Ray's book is not spam, and it should be required reading in the list
of low carbohydrate sources. Without Atkins and Eades promoting their
lowcarb WOE through books and publications, I doubt this newsgroup
would exist. I myself eat paleo, and consider Ray to be an ultimate
resource. Ray, I read everything you write - I consider paleo a way
of life. I eat large quantities of wonderful natural food and
maintain a six petite dress size. In fact, it was your postings many
years ago that got me started low carbing and truly believing that
eating naturally is for optimum health and weight management. So Ray,
you just keep on writing and signing because some of us are listening!

Murph
book. Spam is spam.
Ignoramus22665
2004-08-06 17:01:49 UTC
Post by Murphia
Ray's book is not spam, and it should be required reading in the list
of low carbohydrate sources. Without Atkins and Eades promoting their
lowcarb WOE through books and publications, I doubt this newsgroup
would exist. I myself eat paleo, and consider Ray to be an ultimate
resource. Ray, I read everything you write - I consider paleo a way
of life. I eat large quantities of wonderful natural food and
maintain a six petite dress size. In fact, it was your postings many
years ago that got me started low carbing and truly believing that
eating naturally is for optimum health and weight management. So Ray,
you just keep on writing and signing because some of us are listening!
I started paleo two weeks ago, as an experiment, after reading Ray's
book. I was not terribly far from paleo even before, after losing 50
lbs and dieting. So, at this time, I am eating paleo. The minor
exceptions are small quantities of butter and tiny quantities of
cheese. No grains, starch, and sweeteners.

So far, I have not yet gained any weight, but I am still limiting my
food quantity.

I eat about 10 tomatoes per day though, all in all, about 100 carbs
per day.

Can you tell a little more about how you eat, do you limit food
quantity in any way, are you going hungry, do you exercise?

Sister
2004-08-16 17:19:37 UTC
Those are good questions. Do I have to buy the book to learn about the
paleo diet, or is this NG a real NG?
Stan Marks
2004-08-06 23:45:13 UTC
Post by jk
Post by Ray Audette
[...]
I don't see any "spam" in Ray's message. He offers relevant information,
often from research articles, with no reference to his book, other than
to put his website URL in his signature. No different than your putting
your website for your stained glass in your sig. (Nice work, BTW! :)

To his credit, I haven't seen Ray hawking his book in any of his posts,
and I've appreciated his thoughts and info.

Stan
Lesanne
2004-08-06 12:33:43 UTC
HERE I AM. Consistently eat a high quality, low fat diet of lean protein,
complex carbohydrates, generally good food, including lovely crunchy whole
grain rolls and pasta and brown rice. Lots of good fruit and vegetables.
Small servings of lean protein. Have been at a normal BMI for a year now,
after being morbidly obese (365 was the most I ever weighed that was
"official") for most of my life. I am going to be 56 years old tomorrow. And
have spent my first year at a normal weight this past year, after doing what
the guy told me to do when I was 17. Eat less, eat good food, exercise more.
No One Diet Fits All. Eskimos don't thrive on the same diet as Pima Indians.
Get over it. Find yours and quit wasting all your energy in an incredibly
short sighted over simplified argument.
www.NeanderThin.com
Kate Dicey
2004-08-06 21:34:15 UTC
Post by Lesanne
HERE I AM. Consistently eat a high quality, low fat diet of lean protein,
complex carbohydrates, generally good food, including lovely crunchy whole
grain rolls and pasta and brown rice. Lots of good fruit and vegetables.
Small servings of lean protein. Have been at a normal BMI for a year now,
after being morbidly obese (365 was the most I ever weighed that was
"official") for most of my life. I am going to be 56 years old tomorrow. And
have spent my first year at a normal weight this past year, after doing what
the guy told me to do when I was 17. Eat less, eat good food, exercise more.
No One Diet Fits All. Eskimos don't thrive on the same diet as Pima Indians.
Get over it. Find yours and quit wasting all your energy in an incredibly
short sighted over simplified argument.
Yay! This is the 'diet' that suits me too. Don't point an Atkins type
diet in my direction: I'd be seriously ill on it in very short order.
One meat heavy meal and I suffer... On the other hand, I have friends
who do better on low carb diets, and that's just fine if that's what
suits them. It's all a matter of balance.

BTW Lesanne, Happy Birthday for tomorrow!
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Lesanne
www.NeanderThin.com
Bill Healey
2004-08-13 23:00:15 UTC
Post by weightloss
FACTS
1. Japanese eat very little fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than
the Aussies, British or Americans.
2. Mexicans eat a lot of fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than
the Aussies, British or Americans.
3. Africans drink very little red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks
than the Aussies, British or Americans.
4. Italians drink large amounts of red wine and suffer fewer heart
attacks than the Aussies, British or Americans.
5. Germans drink a lot of beer and eat lots of sausages and fats
and suffer fewer heart attacks than the Aussies, British or Americans.
CONCLUSION
Eat and drink what you like. Speaking English is apparently
what kills you.
No, I believe speaking English incorrectly is what does it :)

LazyEights

Sister
2004-08-16 16:58:18 UTC
LOL from a 1st time lurker! That's a keeper. Thanks!